Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A is for Autumn, Authors, and Ammi

Wave HELLO to Ammi-Joan Paquette, my very last A+ author in this series of interviews. Take it away, Ammi-Joan!

AMMI-JOAN PAQUETTE, a.k.a AJ Paquette, is the author of the middle-grade novel NOWHERE GIRL (Walker, 2011), and the picture books THE TIPTOE GUIDE TO TRACKING MERMAIDS (Tanglewood, 2012), and THE TIPTOE GUIDE TO TRACKING FAIRIES (Tanglewood, 2009). She was a 2005 PEN-NE Susan P. Bloom Discovery Award honoree, and is also a literary agent with Erin Murphy Literary Agency. She lives outside of Boston with her family and her very tall to-read pile. 

1. The book fairy transports you inside one of your books. Which book are you in, and what part do you play in the story?
I have to say that I would love to take a trip into the world of THE TIPTOE GUIDES. To be able to follow those children around while they follow clues and eventually come to meet some fairies and mermaids face to face sounds like a pretty neat experience. But who knows… maybe I already do!

2. In approximately ten words, describe a favorite setting from a book you have written.
NOWHERE GIRL’s Thailand: lush, wild, exotic, beautiful—full of adventure!
 
3. What does your office look like?
Right now? Very messy. Okay, all the time it’s very messy. I wish I could say that will improve sometime in the future. But, alas, I have a feeling it probably won’t.
 
 4. If you were a superhero, who would you be, and why?
I’ve always loved Wonder Woman, though if I got the job I would have to seriously invest in a different costume. Brrrr!

Do I really have to pick just one? I love munching on nuts—cashews or almonds, mmm! Sometimes nothing but Ritz crackers and a slice of sharp cheese will do the trick. Ideally, there will be a slice of freshly-baked cake left over from earlier in the day. If so, having the munchies at midnight is pretty much a given.

Ammi-Joan, we are looking forward to your next release, GHOST IN THE HOUSE, scheduled for July 9th! And hey, THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY so there's no way I'll be forgetting. Save a signed copy for me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment