Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Writing from the Heart

Last week, I hope you were inspired to write a love story.
This week, I want you to think about what it means to write from your heart.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN, anyway?  Yoo, hoo, anybody? Any thoughts on the subject?

I've heard all kinds of explanations: 
*write about what you love
*write about what you know
*write about whatever has inspired you
*write whatever comes into your mind
*write in the genre that fits you
*write using your innermost feelings

As you can see, there is no right answer.  But the above list gives you stuff to think about, right?

Let me leave you with a poem, a little ditty from me to you (from my heart):

I don’t like to write about butts, poop, or snot.

It seems like I write about nature a lot.

I’m not fond of vampires or stories with gore.

I like trees and weather, animals, and more.

I bet YOU have an idea for a good book.

Rewrite it, revise it, and take a good look.

So, take out your pen and get ready to start.

I hope you’re inspired to write from your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment